The Perks of Owning a Kegerator
To those unfamiliar with the term, a kegerator is that fairly new device that is part-keg and part-refrigerator. And owning a kegerator can make your life beer nights more fun!
The purpose is to have a specialized appliance that should be able to dispense beer even in the comforts of one’s home. No judgment. Non-beer drinkers think they should not care, but both they and beer guzzlers should consider the reasons why one could use having a kegerator around.
Reasons to Own a Kegerator
- Beer drinkers could save a little money as a kegerator dispenses more beer, which is probably enough for one swig to satisfy. It’s a kind of investment. Of course, it will depend on the types of beer and amount one usually drinks. A kegerator may cost a bit higher at the start, but breaking down the cost per pint will show it is worth it in the long run.
- In relation to #1, a kegerator saves more time away from trips to the grocery store. Enough consumption makes someone less inclined to go out and buy more that soon.
It’s perfect for a beer-loving home buddy who likes some quiet time alone or with only a few friends and family around.
- Having a kegerator around means easily getting nice, cold beer anytime there is a craving for it or if something comes up that calls for an impromptu celebration with a few friends. The beer’s life may be extended up to six months, though it depends on the speed of consumption and proper temperature control. The temperature should be 36° to 40° Fahrenheit.
- A kegerator is environment-friendly. A keg is reusable, therefore, there is no need to buy dozens of bottled or canned alcohol that become waste and add to the degradation of the environment.
- Going draft results to more space in the regular refrigerator for other stuff to fill. The beer goes elsewhere and won’t take space meant for nutritious food.
- Being a non-beer drinker does not necessarily say non-drinker. Other stuff may be a substitute for beer. For instance, wine, if one is into that instead. How about cider? Really, a draft beer dispenser can be used for other purposes.
Now that we have given ideas on the reasons to own a kegerator, act now and get one. Time to chill!